Thursday, July 11, 2013

A new life, a new beginning... Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada...

A new life is what you would call it if you move to a new country without any background to the country, the people, the culture.

When my parents moved back to India from Abu-Dhabi when I was 12 years of age, there was plenty of background for me in India. I never felt that I was moving to some place new.

When I moved to Regina to be a part of North America, I have absolutely no clue what happening in this country. I left all the good things that I built in Mumbai  and in India where I had my family and friends. I left the job which I enjoyed the most. I left the place where I loved the most in Mumbai i.e. Powai and roommates. I sold off my first bike (my Hero Honda Passion Pro). It was terrible and depressing sight to watch when the new owner rode off with it before I migrated to Canada.

Now that I am here, after almost 2 months, I am taking a liking to this city; Regina - the land of Infinite Horizons. Small & peaceful place.

Regina in City Hall Exterior
City of Regina - I love Regina - City hall exterior in winter
I am in the process of learning the roads and the shortcuts. I have plenty of time to think, to write, to do things which gives me plenty of happiness.

I am meeting new people. Canadians in general are very polite and very helpful. Biggest sports team is Saskatchewan Roughriders of Canadian Football League (CFL). Hopefully, I will get to see a game soon and also become a great fan and follower for the game.

Hopefully, this new life is the beginning to the best part of my life.

Love,
Ajith

No comments: